Great news. 😀 The first beta release is available! Beta testers can download the game here. The zip file is password protected. Please leave a comment in the release notes. I will send you the password per email!
This week the following functionality is added to the Wii TowerDefense game.
18/12/2009 Version 0.45
– Added game map 4, 5 and 6.
– Show when weapon upgrade is not possible anymore!
– Added reload bar move weapon.
– Added remaining energy bar below the base.
– Rendering realtime grid examples on map select screen.
– Added help screen two and three.
– Added “Quit Game” screen.
– Placing weapons under the information panel is not allowed anymore.
– Added today and global Highscore screen.
– Added release notes screen.
– Added dynamic weapon placement on the gameboard
– Load map images (sprites) directly from SdCard.
– Improve objects cleanup when stopping game.
– Limit weapon upgrade levels.
– Added WiiMote rumble support when pointer is on a button.
– Improve button pointer detection area.
– Added bonus cash (score) when wave is cleared
Added network thread:
– Fetch latest available version information from internet.
– Fetch latest release notes information from internet.
– Fetch Global and today highscore from internet
– Added functionality to store game score on internet.
– Added Release Notes screen.
– Added Google analistics network calls.
– Build game with devkitPPC r19 compiler.
3 thoughts on “Wii TowerDefense 0.45”
Pass please. 😉
I have sent an email to you with the requested password! Looking forward to your feedback!
So far the following feedback is received from the beta testers:
– Building multiple weapons on one place is to really nice.
– When the game is over, control is not clear.
– Increase the User Initials size from 3 to 6 digits.
– impossible to go any higher than 36. Way too many enemies to handle even if you add more weapons onto the map nonstop.
– the shooting sounds of the guns turns into a very annoying buzzing sound when you have too many weapons shooting at the same time.
I will try to make the next official release on Sunday!