A new version of SpaceBubble is released with the following changes:
08/02/2009 Version 0.7
– Increase game board size from 12×12 to 14×14 bubbles.
– Added total clear (no bubbles left) bonus per level.
Remove game board control buttons. Use the WiiMote A button instead.
– Press the Home button on WiiMote to return to the menu screen.
– High score is send to web service if score is better then 12.000 point.
– Only this first WiiMote can control the music and stop a running game.
– Bug fix: Do not show bubble select hint when game is over.
– Bug fix: Hint is now always working correct.
– Build game with libogc 1.7.1 and devkitPPC r16 compiler.
10 thoughts on “Wii SpaceBubble 0.7”
Puh, thats the reason why my high score is broken :-). Will try to fix this, this evening. Will be offline for the next 8 days….
Hi Jan. Yes, there are more points to earn. Bigger play field and total clear bonus. Good Luck. 😀 The game is almost finish. I will also take some days rest. Make long days last two weeks. Many thanks for your test work. I hope you will join the next project. I have not decided yet what it will be. Maybe poker maybe something else. It have to be something special what is not build yet. Best Regards!!
NO WII LAN ADAPTATOR SUPPORT??? oO Oo
NO MP3 support ???
Hi MLtm, i did not forgot this issue of you ;}. I contacted technecal about it. He have pointed me in some directions. I will investigate some sample code from other programs. When I found a possible solution i will contact you!
This evening i have tried the MP3 library. It does not working really fine.
First issue: My MP3 files on the SDHC card are around 7MB each. I takes around 15 seconds to load one. During this load process the game freeze. Not really nice.
Second problem: The sound effects (libsnd) library is not working together with the mp3 (libmad) library. So no sound effects if a MP3 is playing.
Third problem: I can not control the MP3 volume. No function available in the library on this moment.
Conclusion: So after some hours testing i have decided not to add this feature in to the game. Too bad. 😕 If in the future an upgrade is coming out of this library, i will retest it.
Back to Top. But sorry to say, I don’t like this version very much. Just to much issues which had been resolved before from my point of view. Lets try if I can remember some:
– If you finish the board you play in the lower right corner usualy. Now with the bigger field you will run out of time very wuickly (which is still not enough signaled in my opinion) and suddenly the games ends, you click on and then you hit “Reset Wii”. Happend to me at least half a dozend times…
Please try to introduce a timeout in the End Game screen.
– I had and particular in this release have serious issues with fast double clicks/key presses which will not get recognized quite often. Not sure why, but I think it is much worse in this release than in earlier ones. Any idea why?
The next couple of days I’ll not be able to play and test new releases, Sorry. See you at the end of next week 😉
Thanks again for you feedback.
Issue 1: I will add a popup window with contains the game progress (cleared level) information and also reintroduce the control buttons again on the popup window. Also i will add a “Are you sure” confirm popup window to prevent unwanted “home” button events. I will location the popup window buttons so that the are no menu buttons behind.
Issue 2: I think the double click issue is related to the amount of Frame-Per-Seconds (FPS) the game can generated. In the last release I increase the gameboard size from 12×12=144 to 14×14=196 bubbles. This result that every frame now contains 196*2+8=400 png images. In the old situation there where 144*2+8=296 png images per frame. I also detected that the bubble explosion is now much slower then in the previous release. I will investigate the performance of the game. I think i can improved the FPS a lot by optimizing the png image use. Use for example only one gameboard png instead of 196 small peaces.
Please checkout the next release after you returned! Have a nice day!
Wplaat, I’ve found the problem for highscore menu. Please contact me on my website (http://www.cashman-productions.fr.nf/contact.php?lang=en). 😉
Please send me a email firstname.lastname@example.org what is wrong. Looking forward to it! 😉
Looks like your question thing at the end of the post worked. Also not having to sign in is nice too. Good job. Nice list. Thanks.