Pong2 is an open-source game based on the original game of Pong. Pong2 has improved features over the original. The paddle can be moved horizontally and vertically. 10 tracks of background music are available during game play. The first player to score 10 points in each level is the winner. Special thanks to my family for their support during the development of this game.
- 2D pong gameboard with special graphical effects.
- Five game levels
- Multi player mode support
- WiiMote, Classic Controller device support
- 10 background music tracks
- Several sound effects
- Use the ball speed control (button A and B) to break through the computer defenses.
- If the game crash during startup. Check if the WiFi or Ethernet network is enabled else the game will not work!
If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the Pong2 directory from the archive into the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you only need the boot.dol. Consult the documentation for your loader of choice for the appropriate location to place these files. Launch the game using your loader.
Supported Wii Peripherals
- Adding nunchuk controller support
- Adding gamecube controller support
- Random ball speed in multi player mode
If you have any other ideas please post them in the comment field!
Credit where credit is due.
- My family for there support during the development
- Everybody in the Wii homebrew scene
Third Party libraries
SpaceBubble use the following third party libraries:
- libogc 1.8.3
- libfat 1.0.7
- libjpeg (special version needed, see source code)
And is build with the following compiler:
- devkitPro r21
Pong2 is open source and may be copied, distributed or modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2, but you are encouraged to send a PayPal donation if you enjoy it! If we get enough, it might even motivate us to make more fun games!
Pong2.zip (1.6 MiB, 5,292 hits)
Note: Pong2 is already downloaded for more then 45.000 times!
I have moved the source code of this game to a Google Code Repository. Click here to enter the repository.
Ohloh Project Statistics
This program is not affiliated with Nintendo. In no event shall the author be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of this software and its documentation, even if the author has been advised of the possibility of such damage. The author specifically disclaims any warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The software provided hereunder is on an as is basis, and the author has no obligation to provide maintenance, support, updates, enhancements, or modifications.