Wii TowerDefense is an classic 2D action game. Protect your base with all kind of defense systems and kill all the waves of enemies. If ten enemies reach the base the game is over. Good luck!
- 2D gameboard with special graphical effects
- WiiMote device support
- 18 game maps
- 6 weapon systems
- 25 enemy types
- Nice background music
- Nice game sound effects
- Game score is stored local and on internet
Check the second help page in the game.
- It is possible to modify the map layout / images yourself. The map layout is stored in a xml file and per map a subdirectory exist with all used png map images. Please send me your created maps. I will add them in the next official release.
- If the game crash during startup. Check if the WiFi or Ethernet network is enabled else the game will not work!
If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the TowerDefense directory from the archive into the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you need the boot.dol and all maps & sprites files. Consult the documentation for your loader of choice for the appropriate location to place these files. Launch the game using your loader.
Supported Wii Peripherals
If you have any other ideas please post them in the release notes!
Credit where credit is due.
- Shango46, Many thanks for the nice graphics you developed!
- My family for there support during the development
- Everybody in the Wii homebrew scene
Third Party libraries
TowerDefense use the following third party libraries:
- libogc 1.8.3
- libfat 1.0.7
- mxml 2.6
- GRRLIB 4.3.0
And is build with the following compiler:
- devkitPro r21
TowerDefense is open source and may be copied, distributed or modified under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2, but you are encouraged to send a PayPal donation if you enjoy it! If we get enough, it might even motivate us to make more fun games!
TowerDefense.zip (4.3 MiB, 4,434 hits)
Note: TowerDefense is already downloaded more then 50.000 times
I have moved the source code of this game to a Google Code Repository. Click here to enter the repository.
Ohloh Project Statistics
This program is not affiliated with Nintendo. In no event shall the author be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of this software and its documentation, even if the author has been advised of the possibility of such damage. The author specifically disclaims any warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The software provided hereunder is on an as is basis, and the author has no obligation to provide maintenance, support, updates, enhancements, or modifications.